Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fuzzy Knitting

Everything is a bit fuzzy today.  Driving through time zones throws me off.  Either that, or the way-too-good wine I brought back has a way-too-lingering effect.  Ah, well, it is Sunday, and time to relax and recoup by sorting through photos.


A bit of Lake Tahoe, Emerald Bay, I think, illustrates the grandeur of the scenery.  There's a "tea house" on the island, belonging to the mansion that sits back of this bay.  Vikingsholm was closed for the season, though it is open now.  It was a windy Sunday when we were there...

However, it was nice to see the water in its proverbial blue.  On a cloudy day, the lake is gray. 

I took my newly finished stripe study on the trip and wore it frequently.  A good thing, too.  I spent so much time recalculating and reknitting those stripes.  After knitting all 12 stripes, I decided the shawl was too one-sided.  I ripped out all the stripes to make the short side a bit wider and the shawl easier to wear.  All my numbers and more photos are on my Ravelry project page.


Liking the pinstripes on the reverse.

No comments: