I didn't think I wanted an all-black shawl, practical though it might be. Since I was copying the Terhi-Kay modification of the Feather and Fan Triangle Shawl from Folk Shawls, I used the triple-stranded marl for the border ruffle. I didn't double the stitch count, though. The marl is fluffy enough to provide a bit of expansion without the trouble of extra stitches.
I did increase per pattern to make the tails, up until I started the border. They work just like Terhi's and Kay's do, wrapping around my waist or over my shoulders. Most times, I just let them hang or lie in my lap so I can play with them.
To make wearable and practical shawls, I risked dullness, first with the gray Domovoi, then with this black and a little gray. Now I need an antidote. For that, there's nothing like Noro.
I'm very afraid that this one is going the wrong way. I keep knitting in very bright colors then ripping them out. Knitting a Citron is a lot of fun, though, at least until the rows get over 500 stitches on them.