Thursday, January 14, 2010

Collecting Interweave Knits

Over a year ago, I posted about my search for back issues of Interweave Knits. The search was fairly successful in that I was only missing a few issues (9). I was content.

Come this year, around birthday time, I fell victim to desire once more. I decided to collect them all.

There they are, more than 50 issues. It was fairly easy, but not cheap.  I had some duplicates (below), but these were quickly distributed to other IK fans.

 
ETA:  Back issues of IK are now available digitally.  I'm not sure how far back they go, but I hope they will eventually digitize them all.

6 comments:

Wool Winder said...

This is the season we knit for. Stay warm!

SGE said...

I'm interested in all but the last 2. What would you charge?
Thanks!
SGE

Marjorie said...

That was ambitious. I began getting IK in 1997, and I've fancied going back to fill in with earlier editions. (Alas, I think I have all of your doubles.) I have every VK that was published, except one issue for children, and I think that is why I continue to subscribe even after a series of issues in which I've been disappointed.

The hat looks intriguing!

Luni said...

To SGE: I have no way of contacting you. Could you please either email me (look at my profile and you will see the link) or provide me with an e-mail address? I'll be happy to negotiate a price with you as soon as we can talk.

vlb5757 said...

Luni, I was looking at your stash spreadsheet. Did you design that or was it a ready made spreadsheet from the internet?

Luni said...

Vickie, the spreadsheet is from Katydid knits. If you find her blog and look at the very, very bottom right, you will see a link that will let you download her template.