The orange Latoya is now brown:
I saw a similar effect on my bamboo tee. At the time, I didn't know what caused the color change. Now I realize that the excess dye that bled into the water when I wet the tee to block it must have been the problem. I should have rinsed out all the excess dye before leaving the tee to dry.
I thought I had rinsed Latoya enough. It was rinsed, then machine washed twice. The water looked clear in the last rinse cycle. All I can do now is to wash it again, and use some fabric softener. If it softens up a bit, I think I will be quite happy with my now brown sweater. I'm sure I could have gotten a darker, softer, brown if dyeing this sweater had been my main objective. Since it wasn't, I put the sweater into the dye bath after I thought my Clapotis was as dark as it was going to get.
The Clapotis is a different cotton blend yarn, dyed in slightly hotter water for a longer period of time. Still, I am amazed at the difference in the color between it and Latoya.
I'll have more on the Clapotis and a modeled shot for you next.
Don't worry, I'm still knitting, too. I'll probably have something finished to show next week.