this project, I had a blue hat that was less than satisfactory. Just now, when I was hot-gluing it to the magnet, I glued it on backwards with the seam exposed. I guess it was an impulse to trash it that made me mess it up. I salvaged the white pom pom and quickly knit the pink hat for it.
I've still got to make the faces to go with this set--I need good photos of the recipients for that. In the meantime, to give you an idea of the "dress me up" option, I used faces cut from a magazine:
mini-sweater patterns. There's some here too. I wish I'd had these links earlier. I thought I could make a cardigan without a pattern, but it didn't work out. Wrong yarn, wrong gauge, you know how it goes. Then I started purling when I should knit. It just got worse, and I put the entire project aside as a result. I finally realized it was ridiculous to let one bad mini sweater hold things up, and worked on the scarves. Heartened by finishing them, I finished the other sweater. I could have had everything done weeks ago if I hadn't given it up.
As a lesson to myself, I've kept the bad mini sweater and made it into a magnet for my own fridge.
Loose threads, misplaced stitches, bad gauge and all, it's an abandoned UFO magnet. :D