Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Mars for Christmas

Here's what else happened--the moon and mars. I took these photos Dec. 23rd, as we drove back from a holiday visit and gifting. The moon was huge and full when it rose, and I dropped my knitting and took this photo:
Then, after it got dark, we could see a star near it. I've since checked and found out it was Mars, and that it was visible in some parts of the globe on the 23rd and 24th. Here's how it looked about an hour and a half after it rose Sunday, and we could see the first glimmering of Mars below it:

It got brighter--the photo below was taken a little less than an hour later. Do you see how Mars has moved a little to the right?

When I last checked a couple of hours later, it was almost directly to the right of the moon.

2 comments:

Sam said...

You captured this beautifully. Thanks for sharing.

Marjorie said...

I love your chaise. DH and I have had ongoing "issues" about recliners. Although comfortable, I dislike their bulkiness.

Your moon/Mars shots are super.