Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Finished Objects

There's been a complaint lodged about the lack of finished objects in this knitting blog. A valid complaint, but one that I can remedy immediately. A quick consult with the wayback machine has turned up this:



These are a few of the objects I finished in my second year of knitting. Most of them are fairly mundane, but those familar with current knitting magazines will notice Bianca's Jacket (the little bolero at the top left) from Interweave Knits and Sonnet (that bright red/orange over-photoshopped thing on the bottom left) from Knitty, and the often rendered Flower Basket Shawl (now available from FiberTrends).


The year before, I was mostly crocheting my FOs, but were are some knits.





The more recognizable items are Clapotis from Knitty (in an unfortunate orange), Cape Mod from Stitch and Bitch (the poncho), Tie One On from Knitty (in pink), and Alien Illusion from Stitch and Bitch (in bright green and black). The large wooden object is a yarn swift, which I made from an umbrella stand and a lazy susan. It works very well.

I feel the need to apologize for the poor photo quality and composition of some of these oldies. However, I can forgive myself a bit since my equipment and skills were less than they are today. I only hope the coming years see continued improvement in both the equipment and my skills.

1 comment:

Julie McC. said...

I am truly in awe. Beautiful.

The real reason I stopped by, though, was to thank you for your comment, and to tell you you've been tagged.

You have to go to my blog to get the rules (that's one of the rules).